Pairings: Buffy/Spike & Xander/Anya
For a thousand years I wielded the powers of the wish. I brought ruin to the heads of unfaithful men. I brought forth destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the lower beings. I was feared and worshiped across the mortal globe and now I'm stuck at Sunnydale High! Mortal. Child. And I'm flunking math.”
After the fall of Sunnydale, Buffy's tearful confession that she cared for Spike long before he was chipped shocks no one. Least of all, Xander, who is still reeling from loosing Anya. But then he receives a strange visit from D'Hoffryn, who tells him Anya's soul is stuck in limbo then gifts him a package that turns out to be her diary. Reading her innermost thoughts, the observations she made and how lonely she truly was leaves Xander inconsolable but determined to seek out the truth. Telling no one, he heads to LA in search of Wesley, only to find Spike instead, who weirdly becomes his closest confidant. Fearing rejection, Spike consistently refuses to contact Buffy, but vows to help him on his quest.
Unknown to both, D'Hoffryn has plans of his own and the one night their drunken regrets turn into a wish, Xander and Spike find themselves back in Sunnyhell the week Buffy starts college. Xander is happy to reconcile with Anya. if only he can convince Spike to stop avoiding Buffy long enough to unite them all against the Initiative setting up on campus.
- Spike and Xander becoming best buds.
- Both sent back in time and merging into their past selves with all future memories intact.
- Snippets of Xander reading Anya's diary, which he was able to keep when sent back to Sunnydale.
- Spike doesn't lose his soul.
- D'Hoffryn might be evil and manipulative, but he simply wants his Anyanka alive and happy again because he loves her like a daughter.
- A happy Spuffy ending.
My prompts are here to inspire so feel free to revise or interpret them however you wish. Thanks, Java.